A deep discussion among the participants identified the following areas for intervention:
- Policy and Strategy development
- Institutional aspects in developing and strengthening Information Systems
- Identify stakeholders and beneficiaries of information systems, and their needs for information
- Managing content especially content generation, its sharing and effective use
- Changing the attitude and skills of people involved in information systems especially information systems managers. Meanwhile, building capacities and retaining staff trained in managing ICT would enable information systems
- Managing ICT infrastructure effectively especially bandwidth
- Attract greater investment in ICT would enable information systems in terms of both finance and human capacities.